Sunday, April 01, 2007

Smiles Smiles and More Smiles

I drove to Winter Park yesterday to meet up with Nate and Cody and build our new DJers! I showed up around noon and it was like Christmas part deux! Cody handed me a box with all of my "stuff" in it. It didn't even have any of my DJer parts, either. It was just cool stuff from sponsors like goggles, t-shirts, etc... All went well with building the bikes except for the fact that Nate's frame didn't have the derailleur hanger tapped. Nate's quick to use the drill and the grinder to fix stuff up, though, so we got it all sorted out in no time. We got our bikes all built up and they are beautiful! I'll get a picture up as soon as I borrow a camera! I got to spend the evening with them and Cody's family which is always entertaining!

This morning I drove down to Keith Darner's to help with the second day of the build/ride session. There are a lot of changes to the courses. Well the old course is the same, you can't mess with perfection. It might not be the best course to race on, but sure is fun to ride, all nice and flowy! The new MX course is getting a much needed face lift, or maybe tummy tuck would be a good term for it. Also, some changes to the DS course should make it flow really nicely! I was pretty psyched to get to ride my bike for the first time at one of my favorite places to ride!! It is so light and smooth. I'm still getting used to the 80mm fork, but once I do, it'll be awesome!

On a dumb note...So, I haven't ever really gotten anything free from sponsors before (except for Fortress), so I was pretty giddy when I got home with all my new stuff. I should know better than to want to share my enthusiasm for my new stuff with my roomie. I love him to death sometimes, but tonight I wanted to punch him. There was something "wrong" with everything I got this weekend and showed to him. I should have learned my lesson about it before, but I didn't and was lured in by wanting to share my complete excitement about getting my first free bike and whatnot. Uggghh, the only downer to an otherwise FABULOUS weekend!

1 comment:

Bijoy said...

well its an excellent post you have here on , i really enjoyed reading it, will be back soon.Do keep up the good work
regards Biby - Blog