Monday, January 14, 2008

Bluebird and Bubbles

Jenny and me skate skiing at Eldora

Yummy Cab Shiraz wine and our own personal hot tub, haha

My wonderful cousin Jenny rolled into town round 7:30 last after spending several days in exciting Sterling, CO taking a fire fighting class for this summer. She's on the Craig Hot Shot crew. After sub par adventures in Sterling, I knew she'd be up for anything fun! We headed out for some Mexican food and then on to hot tubbing with a bottle of one of my favorite kinds of wine that I got for Christmas! 2 hours later, we were pretty buzzed, dehydrated, and completely pruned! But we were all caught up on the goings ons in our lives and ready for bed!

Nice hot water and a half a bottle of wine is sure to make anyone smile!

This morning we got up early (haha) and headed up to Eldora for a little skate skiing adventure. Jen just started skate skiing not very long ago, but she's already really good (see her "I'm a natural" form below!) Today was one of the nicest days I have ever had at the Eldora Nordic Center. It was warm ~20ยบ, no wind, beautiful blue bird skies, and freshly groomed snow! Perfect. The only problem was my sucky skate ski skills and the fact that I'm getting a COLD! Ugghh! I thought I had won out. So many people I know have been sick recently, and I've been fine...until yesterday. Oh well. Emergen-C and Sour Gummy Flinstone vitamins will come to my rescue, I know they will! :)

Jenny giving a technique lesson :)

No comments: