Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Portland Finale

So much fluffy snow!!

Molly has Monday's off of school, and it was my last day in Portland, so we decided to go have a big adventure! Mt. Hood as been getting dumped on with snow recently, and Molly's awesome cousin offered to lend me all of your XC ski gear, so we were off! We took Molly's dog, Casey, and her cousin's dog, Emmie. The roads were pretty crappy getting there, we even had to put chains on, but once we did we were treated to a wonderful day of beautiful snow, and quite a bit of sunshine! Molly was like a kid in the candy store when the sunshine would come out, it was great!! We skied for a couple of house and then went and had some excellent beer at the Altitude brewery.
Casey and Emmie were in Heaven!!

The SUN!! Molly wanted a picture for dreary days in Portland

This pub had some cool fishing pictures, including this back lit trout! :)

After that is was back to town for Molly's spin class and some weight lifting for me. We had a relaxing evening at her house, trading pictures from our cameras, getting Molly up to speed on the facebook, and watching some original Southpark!

We had a last minute shopping spree at Trader Joes, too. I think I spend $20 on dried and freeze dried fruit! I really wish we had a TJ's in Colorado!!

This morning we got up bright and early and deposited me at the airport for my journey home. :( It was sooooo much fun to be in Portland hanging out with Molly!

I was treated to the surprise of "your dumb car is broken" when I got home, too, so I'm REALLY psyched to be home! Not sure what's wrong with it yet, but it starts going into convulsions when I try to drive it and the engine malfunction light is flashing at me. Yea! I'm sure it's only a "minor" fix. hahaha Booo!! I'll know more tomorrow after the car Dr.

P.S.
If you think you want to make a fully committed snow angel (the kind that you stand tall and fall backwards into the snow), make sure it really is as deep and fluffy of powder as you think it is, otherwise you'll hurt your back while knocking the wind out of yourself and get a really bad headache! Just in case you were thinking of it! haha :)

No comments: