Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Colorado and Co. Interview


Sorry, I've been too busy to get this posted. Last week I was interviewed on Colorado and Co. It's a local show here that's filmed and broadcast live every day during the week. They focus on stuff that's going on all over Colorado.



February is National Girls in Sports Month, and I'm coordinating CU Cycling's participation in the Girls In Sports Day event at the Rec Center. As a result, the woman who oversees half of the club sports teams at CU asked me to go with her and her daughter to be interviewed on the show. The day before I had to go, "Coach Stacey" called me up and told me she needed me to come up with a "trick" to do in the studio for about 30 seconds to a minute. As I'm not a circus performer, I was a little bit confused as to what she had in mind! My roommate rides trials and could have come up with something, but he's a boy, so that was out! I racked my brain to try to think of some "trick", and in the end I just decided to go through some of the basic skills necessary to successfully descend a trail on a mountain bike.

My "trick", as Coach Stacey called it. She was intense!

Patty from Club Sports Coach Stacey, and Samantha

Drew, one of the guys who works on the set

All and all, it was a really good experience. I've never been to a news studio before let alone been on tv, live! I was a little embarrassed that the host and Coach Stacey kept referring to me winning Collegiate Nationals as winning the National Championships of the World! hahaha That's pretty funny and so dumb at the same time!

Coach Stacy kept wanting Samantha to pedal my bikes, but her legs could barely reach!

Oh ya, the worst part of the whole show was that there were some people there from the zoo for the segment after ours, and they brought a snake with them!! It was awful. I didn't know it was there until they announced it during the show, and I looked over and not 20 feet away was the dumb snake! Needless to say my heart rate shot up to at least 120 instantly!! It was terrible!!

1 comment:

Seth Rubin said...

So now that you are more famouser you really are too good for Brian. Please don't pull a Tom Brady and dump him for a model when he is pregnant, ti will make you lose the Super Bowl.