Sunday, July 13, 2008

Snowmass Quick Update

Sorry no pictures from the weekend, I was riding bikes all day every day it seemed, so no complaints here!! Just a quick update...I finished 2nd behind Melissa in 4x. Can't feel too bad about 2nd when the World Champ takes the win!! :) I felt pretty good on the track and hit almost everything I wanted to. It felt good to be back on my DJer. I just got her built up on Monday, and she's mint! I think the boys results were Ross Milan, Petr Hanak, Jon Watt, Erik Nelson, and Blake Carney.

They had a 65% new track for DH this year, and it was fun, fun, fun with a lot of scary mixed in for good measure. The part that made it scary was that it was flat out, high speed, with loose off-camber turns. Turns out, I used my brakes WAY too much!! haha Melissa killed it for the win. I ended up in 6th. The Yeti boys were ON FIRE today. Aaron Gwin took the win with Justin Leov and Sam Blenkinsop in 2nd and 3rd.

This was a UCI Cat 1 race which was cool that Bigfoot Productions made a huge effort to help the US guys have an opportunity to get some much coveted UCI points. Huge Props go out to them for their effort to be forward thinking in trying to advance gravity racing here in the US! Thanks you guys!!!

No comments: