Wednesday, July 02, 2008

OTB World's Update

Not a bad hotel room deck view!!

Well, it's been a bit over a week now that I've been back from the MTB World Championships in Italy. Wow, it is such a beautiful place, but it seems like I say that about just about all the places I've been lucky enough to visit to ride my bike at! :) This one was certainly no exception.

Two of Italy's musts...PIZZA

And Gelato!!

Once I finally got my bike and bag from the dumb airlines on Thursday, 3 hours before practice started, I had TONS of fun riding the 4x track. Some people didn't like it much, but I thought it was great. Apparently I really need to work on my cornering skills, though, as I had a slow qualifying run for no good reason at all other than I was riding like an idiot in the corners! At least this is something I can work on! Maybe I can hit up Melissa for some lessons! :)

4x track from the Gondola

Me and Jo Jo standing IN the last big double...huge!

Fee, Jo Jo, and me

I'll let you figure out for yourselves why this is funny!

This nice river split the pit areas in two

Since DH and 4x were inconveniently on the same day, we got to celebrate in fine fashion on Saturday night instead of having to wait till Sunday! In typical fashion, we were all a little bit late in getting our party pants on, so we had to cram a lot of fun into not very long. We got to hang out with a super cool couple from Oz, the Huntingtons, Sarcha and Randy! They were so much fun to spend the evening with. Sarcha and I decided to have a little dance party with ourselves and the Euro boys. Good fun for sure! Also, Fee borrowed some random bike lying around and proceeded to give us all lessons in parking lot tricks!

Fee showing off her p-lot tricks

Pauls eyes were either closed (2 shots) or clearly wide open here! Gave up after 3. :)

Jo Jo, Melissa (WOLRD FREAKING CHAMPION) and Me :)

Later on in the evening after many faint of heart had already retired for the evening, Rando stole a case of Red Bull which ended in Jo Jo about getting arrested and Fee clocking an Italian cop in the head. I'm pretty sure watching Fee land one on the grumpy cop and not get in trouble for it might have been the highlight of my evening, at least one of them!

Sunday was spent catching up on sleep and getting ready to head home early Monday morning. Boooooooo!!!! :( In the end my World's experience was a pretty darn good one, even though the airlines tried to ruin it and I didn't ride as fast as I would have liked! There are plenty more races this year to work on that, though! :)

No comments: