Friday, July 18, 2008

WARNING: Full Fledged Rant

So, I am not sure why it is so hard to find a good dentist! Ughhhhhh!!! I mean I really hate the dentist, and my experience today didn't make it any better. I have only found one dentist that I really liked, and of course my new insurance doesn't work there.

Today I had to have 3 cavities filled that I had been putting off for way too long. The best way that I can describe the dentist who did the fillings today was sloppy and inconsiderate! First off while he was in the middle of doing whatever the hell it was he was doing in my mouth, he dropped several of his utensils straight on my face without even so much as a, "Oh, I'm sorry." I guess he thought the Novocaine extended across my whole face and that my eyes didn't work anymore to see him bumbling around. Then I got up to use the bathroom mid adventure and realized that it looked like I had frosting all over my face and glasses. Nice.

Once the Dr. was done with his part, the technician lady started working on making my teeth feel "normal" again. She got about 10 minutes into it and started getting really annoyed every time I would tell her that they weren't back to normal yet. It required a lot of grinding, terrible noise, and horrible smell to achieve "normal", and she made me feel like I was being a whiny little brat for continuing to tell her that they weren't "normal". WTF?!?!? They're my teeth, you stupid witch, and it's your damn job to fix them!

Oh and then the Dr. popped in and mentioned that b/c of the nature of where the cavity was, some of the grinding had resulted in hitting my gums with the torture devices and that I as probably going to be pretty sore later on when the lovely numbing wore off...I guess this was an after thought for him, but seriously, I doubt the cavity was below the gums, in fact, I'm pretty sure they were on top. I'm guessing he is just a sucky careless idiot who shouldn't be entrusted with torture devices of that kind!!!

Needless to say...I wont' be going back there anytime soon! Sorry for the rant, I just can't believe how bad most dentists suck at their jobs!!

No comments: