Monday, March 16, 2009

Buffalos All Around for the Weekend

The Buffalo Creek Crew
On Saturday I spent the day officiating at our home road race (Bikes and Buffaloes Crit) which was SOOO much fun! (dripping with sarcasm!) I'm officially (haha) retiring from being an official at this point. I just wanted to get a lot of experience with it and help out with the collegiate stuff, but I'd much rather be on the other side of the fence...RACING! Anyway, it was a good day for CU Cycling with several wins and a lot of good perfomances. Unfortunately there were a lot of crashing mishaps on the course, including Andy breaking his wrist and Chris blowing 6/16 carbon spokes out of the rear wheel on the bike he was borrowing...CRAZY!! Luckily, he only got a really sore and a bit scraped up knee out of it.

Chris never has any fun at all, ever! :)

This trail doesn't have much in the way of technical, but the boys made the most of what there is, riding the section at least a couple of times!

Much more fun, for me at least, was headind down to the Buffalo Springs Trail system down near Pine, CO. We loaded up James' car with 5 bikes and eager MTBers and headed off. We had a beautiful day of riding with some really fun descents and some amazing views. (I'm not going to mention the uphill suffering that I endured to enjoy the descents, as I easily made the ride last at least 50% longer than it should have with my slow climbing! Ugghhhh, not sure why I've been feeling so shitty riding lately, when I was feeling really good a couple of weeks ago!) Anyway, we had a great time riding without any incidences (which is good because prior to this Chris and I had something bad happen every time we rode together!). Yea for warm weather, sunshine, beautiful CO, and great friends to ride with!

Fine cornering form on his gigantic 29er, fully equipped for extra gangliness

Peter is obviously The Chief of Police...the Fashion Police, that is!

No comments: