Friday, March 27, 2009

Quite the Day


So, on Wednesday night when they were predicting 12-18 inches of MORE new snow at Vail for Thursday, I sort of invited myself along with Akira and Chris to go snowboarding on Thursday. I would have to buy (gag!!) a lift ticket at Vail, so I was definitely counting on a BIG day. Chris got me a "buddy" pass for $81 (ouch!). We headed up and out the the China/Ghengis Bowls. Wow, 2nd day back on the board this season and LOTS of heavy powder made for a pretty challenging and a bit frustrating day for me. Luckily, Akira is an amzing snowboarding coach and gave me a couple of tips that really helped me after a few super frustrating runs with lots of tumbles and nearly choking on the dense powder that ended up in my mouth and down my throat! In the end, it was a great day that left me completely knackerd and quite certain that I would be unable to do another run down the mountain! We headed home on completely shit roads and rendevoused at the Southern Sun (which was still had a wait list even though there was at least 14 inches of snow on the ground in Boulder!!!) for dinner. Then we headed over to Mike and Kimmie's house for a little hot tubbing. A couple of beers persuaded us all to do completely ridiculous things (tree hugging, somersaults, cartwheels, attempted leap frogging, snow angels, and the nestea plung)e in the snow before jumping back into the hot tub for tingling and warmth! A crazy day, but an epic and memorable one for sure! :)

Looking out my window with the sun shining on the enourmous amount of snow in the yard right now is quite beautiful, but since I've got three new bike frames, that will hopefully be built up soon, sitting in the living room, I'd be happy if it all melted and dried up much sooner than later! :)

No comments: