Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 1 Back on the Slopes

The Roomies: Akira, Chris, Me, and James

I have awesome roommates who all love to ride bikes and play in the snow. Today is the first day this season that I've been able to go snowboarding (while painstakingly watching them rack up 20-40 days each on the slopes). I had to get a refund on my original ski pass this year as the broken ankle put a big damper on things! Eldora sells their next year's passes in the spring and then you can use them for the rest of the current season. I picked my 09-10 pass up today and the four of us headed up to Eldora for one of the best days of pretty much perfect courduroy that I've ever had.
Akira and James ready to grab first chair, okay it was second, but close enough!

Now a lot of people will tell you that you can't have a great day on the slopes if it hasn't snowed in quite awhile, but I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I love a powder day as much as the next person, but short of those days, my favorite days at a resort are lovely courduroy, and today we had not only that, but we had the slopes almost to ourselves. First tracks, then second and third before anyone else figured it out! :)

Me and Akira looking down into Ned/Barker Res

What a great day to make it back to slip sliding around on the white stuff!

No comments: