Sunday, March 01, 2009

Day One: The Fun Mobile

You need a BIG truck if you have this many toys!!

So, we loaded up Melissa's truck with all of the fun toys and headed out for a day of adventures. We started off at the Hawes Trail for a little MTB action. This trail was awesome! It had a little of everything, rolling single track, a few climbs, and some techy descents.

Looking out from close to the top of our MTB ride

The ankle was bothering me a little bit after the BMX track last night, but I think it was bothering my confidence more than anything. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be back to normal soon. :)

The view at the turnaround point

The desert "forest"...I LOVE Saguaro Cacti! The Sonoran Desert is such an amazing place!!

After a good sunny MTB ride, we grabbed some food and then headed out to do the same moto ride that we did last year. I really like this ride, it has amazing scenery, and it was good to see if I was riding more aggresively than I was last year...and I think I did! It took us less time to ride the same amount that we did last year! :) When we were eating lunch, we googled the suset time for today...6:35. We got back to the truck at 6:29. Awesome, only 6 minutes of wasted daylight today! Day 1 at Camp Buhly: SUCCESS! :)

We weren't having any fun...at all! hahahaha

Tomorrow we're headingup to Sedona for some more XC and then a little R&R, including a much needed massage! I can't wait.

No comments: