Friday, March 10, 2006

Early Mornings and Late Nights



Well, today it is snowing out like crazy, unfortunately. It snowed on Wednesday, too. Luckily, we had really nice weather last week and got a lot of really great riding in before Mother Nature decided to open up on us!

Early morning at Arbor, ahhhh...


Last Thursday, 5 of us headed down to Arbor for an early morning 7:00 a.m. dirt jumping session. Fisher, Wentz, TJ, Lisa, and I all made the trip down in the morning. Although it was a bit chilly, we had a really great session. It's such a nice way to start your day off: adrenaline and good friends. It's a great combo!

Fishie on the 20"


Lisa is killing it dirt jumping lately!


Steve


TJ


Me on the only line I can do at Arbor, but not for long!


Lisa isn't having ANY fun at all!


I was hoping that I wasn't being irresponsible by playing all morning when I should have been studying, as I had a midterm in one of my classes. Normally it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but the professor of the class is the woman who I am thinking of going back to grad school and working for, so I wanted to make a good impression. Luckily, the early morning dirt jumping then eggs and bacon at TJ's were just what I needed. I did really well on the exam and made a really good impression with Stephanie, so all is well!

On Saturday, Lisa and I got blown down to Evergreen. We ended up digging more than anything, as it was really windy! Lisa is killing the set of REALLY big jumps down there. It has been really great watching her dirt jumping progress over the past couple of months since she got cleared to ride from her August '05 injury. She has helped me with my dirt jumping skills so much! After some great food at Scott's, we headed up to Arbor to finish off the daylight for the day. Although it was a little windy up there, too, it was a tail wind, so we got some pretty good jumping in there, too.

On to the late nights...hahaha My roommates had decided earlier in the week to have a party at our house, so Saturday was assured to be a late night, as their schedule's usually involve going to bed somewhere around 3:30 or 4:00. Pancho arranged for a keg of yummy Fat Tire. About 50 or so people came over, and we all had a good time, especially playing on-the-floor foos ball.

Bama, Kim, and Tom at the party

No comments: