Monday, March 20, 2006

Playing in the Mud is Fun and Fear is a Strange Thing

I woke up to snow on the ground and falling out of the sky this morning thinking I wasn't going to get to ride my bike. Wrong. Got a call from Rudy to go do some muddy slalom turns. At first I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't. I bundled up, threw my bike in the back of his truck, and we were off. It was so much fun!!! It really wasn't very cold out at all, and the snowflakes falling were at least silver dollar sized! After about 45 minutes, it stopped snowing and the sun came out for just a little bit. The snow was subliming in the field across from the slalom track and it looked like a scene from Lord of the Rings. It was really an amazing sight!

I went to the show V for Vendetta with Lisa and Heather tonight. It was really good. It really made me think about a lot of things. I'm sure there were a lot of different things that you could have taken away from the movie, but I think the thing it made me think about the most, was fear. I've had a lot of experiences in the last year and a half that have made me not be afraid of a lot of things. I don't want to say that I'm not afraid of anything because, that would just be a lie, but I haven't really been afraid of very many things lately. While I was watching the movie tonight it struck me that there is one thing that I am really afraid of (no, there weren't any snakes in the movie, so I guess it would be more fair to say two things, but...snakes have been so long standing in that category that they don't really count anymore.) Anyway, it's pretty intense when you realize that there is something that big that really makes you scared. Go see the movie and see what it makes you think about.

Please make the snow stop!! My poor DJer is frozen to the top of my car!! I swear I would never let her sleep outside in the snow normally, but the damn lock on my bike rack was frozen when I got home! =(

No comments: