Saturday, March 18, 2006

Good Day of Riding Before the Bad Weather Got Here

I haven't been to the jumps out at Gunbarrel in awhile. I met Lisa out there this morning, and it was a lot of fun! I tried a couple of new lines, and it was fun to jump some new stuff. It's been a little while since I've jumped anything new. After about 1.5 hours at Gunbarrel, I headed in to the Fix for some more jumping. I love that place!!

I got there just in time for the gun show! hahaha Bill TeSelle spent the entire day (shirtless when it was nice) moving and shortening the first jump in one of the lines there in an attempt to make a medium sized line. That kid doesn't know how to take a day off! I know I appreciate all of the work that he puts into that place, though! I had an awesome session there. I feel like I am finally getting my flow back on the One Hit Wonder. It has been gone for quite awhile. Also, the Fix juniors were having a skills session with Lee and Bobbi Kae, so I jumped in on a few passes at working on manualing through the small triple. Well, I got it, sort of. I ended up looping out and landing on my head in a fairly graceful fashion. It was good though, now I know how far back my weight needs to be to keep my front wheel up that long. I also started hitting the 4th jump in the Kneecap line a lot more consistently. I really like the 3rd and 4th jumps in that line. Next mission, the 5th jump. It looks tricky when the cool kids do it all stylie!

We watched the cold front move in over the mountains the whole time I was at the Fix. It's pretty crazy to be enjoying a 50º day watching the 25º storm roll in for several hours. Luckily, the storm held off till we got done tearing down all of the race venue stuff for the CU crit today. It would have really sucked to tear all of that stuff down in the freezing rain!

Well, I am working on a design for a new tattoo. I have invested a lot of time on the design in my head, now I just need to get a good rough "sketch" of it together. Oh ya, and a bunch of money to get it done. Looks like it might be next fall before that happens. Oh well, then I'll definitely be sure I want it.

It's raining and trying to snow right now. =( Ahhhh, spring time in Colorado...

No comments: