Friday, March 17, 2006

I LOVE my car!!

Oh wait, I mean I HATE my car and I LOVE my new bike!!! I got my new DH rig for the year yesterday. It is Giant Glory, and it is my favorite color...blue. Not my favorite shade of blue, but it's blue nonetheless! I can't wait to take it our for a test drive! Right now it's parked two feet from my bed in my room! The garage isn't good enough for her! I'll post some pics soon!

Why I hate my car: It locked me out today!! You might be saying, ya right, you locked yourself out, you idiot, but I truly didn't lock myself out of my car, the car did! VW has taken great measures to outsmart you so you can't lock yourself out or your car. They also have this neat little feature whereby if you unlock the doors but you never open a door, it will relock itself after about 2 or 3 minutes. So, here's how it happened. I unlock the door. I open the door tossing the keys in the front seat (so I don't have to look for the later). I notice that I need to fill my water bottle. I grab it and closed the door (with the keys still in the front seat). I am pouring out the old water in the bushes 5 feet from my car when it suddenly goes, bleep, bleep. That's how I've decided to spell the lovely noise the car makes when it's LOCKING ITSELF with my keys in the front seat!!! And yes, I DO have a spare, but it was in my purse, also in my car with my computer and my bike! Normally, I would have just been annoyed by this little antic my car decided to pull. However, today I actually HAD to be somewhere. Well, I always "have" to be somewhere, but today I had gone dirt jumping with Lisa at Arbor in the morning and was already getting to work late. The more pressing issue was that I had homework due in my class today and hadn't really started on it. Also I had to give a presentation that was only on the computer, in my car!

Yea for AAA!! They opened up the door 45 minutes later, and I was on my way to work...at 11:00. Luckily everyone else at work called in sick today! I guess that was the yang to the yin of getting locked out of my car BY my car!

Happy St. Patty's Day. East some corned beef and drink some cold green beer, or maybe just the corned beef. =)

No comments: