Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Trainer Riding 101

So, yesterday the weather was still pretty cold, there was still a bit of snow on the ground, and I couldn't ride until dark anyway. I had a stroke of genius at about 11:30...If I'm going to have to ride the trainer for 2 hours tonight, then how can I make it as painless as possible?? There is a huge screen with on overhead projector in the classroom next to the lab that I work in. I've always thought of getting a bunch of friends together with some beer and pizza and having a movie night in there because it would be like watching a movie in a small (okay, really small) theater. The only thing is that the chairs aren't the most comfortable. However, it is a nice large room with plenty of space for some bikes and trainers! So, I emailed my training partner in crime, Lisa, and we decided to make an evening of it.

We thought that the trick to making riding the trainer much more enjoyable might be to put some hot boys riding their bikes really fast and dirt jumping like crazy on a 5'x 5' screen!! It's amazing how well it kept our attention! The line up: So Hot!, Earthed 3, and Unchained (select sections only, as we've seen it so many times that it's really only worth watching the really good sections any more!) We made it easily to 1.5 hours. The last 20 minutes were a struggle for sure, but we knocked out 2 hours and watched some amazing riding at the same time.

The key to making the trainer time doable! Thanks Cam!!


I highly suggest this setup for everyone's time on the trainer. If you aren't so lucky as to have this option available to you, well, then I guess it sucks to be you! =)

It's supposed to be super windy tomorrow, so hopefully our Wisconsin training grounds will be dried out for some dirt jumping and Sea Otter berm training on Thursday! We did some digging out there today, and it is drying out nicely!!

Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't snow again! (Someone needs to keep them crossed on both hands to cancel out Eszter's finger crossings for more snow!) It's almost spring, and I just want to ride my bike (my dirt jumper, not the trainer, as you may be thinking after reading this post!)!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you two completely lost your minds????? Downhillers riding trainers, damn you make me look unmotivated. (I'll pray for dry Boulder if you pray for snow in the mountains)

-E

Neven said...

Deal on the praying. And yes we HAVE lost our minds! If you see them, please call!