Monday, April 09, 2007

Getting the Racing Cobwebs Out

Me and Caroline

Two of My Favorite Boys

Super Focused

I headed down to Nathrop this weekend for the Yeti Spring Series race. It was a little chilly on Saturday, but Sunday ended up being one of the nicer days I have ever raced down there. There wasn't any wind, it was crazy!

Saturday was full of Dual Slalom action. I still haven't felt super smooth on the DS courses down there, and this weekend was no exception. Caroline had an awesome race and smoked me in the finals. Jess was 3rd and Nadia was 4th. The Pro men were killing the small berms and flat turns on the course. Chris Boice took the win on his new Yeti DJer and Steve Wentz ended up second (***Sorry, Steve won and Chris got second, my bad, thanks for setting me straight TJ). TJ was looking super comfortable (and FAST!) on his new Yeti 4x for 3d, and Rudy Unrau had a solid race for 4th.

On Saturday, we woke up to 3 inches of snow on the ground and a lot of grumbling from the 21st birthday boy, Nate. Nate didn't race DS on Saturday and was threatening not to race MX because he didn't want to get dirty or something like that...Mostly there was just a lot of whining. :) By the time that we got to the track the snow was all melted off and had evenly watered the track to make for some excellent traction. Qualies went well for everyone. Rudy killed the Pro class with Nate and Cody coming in 2nd and 3rd. Caroline and I decided to race with the boys because we were the only Pro girls that showed up. It was a lot of fun. I didn't qualify very well, so in the second round, I got stuck in the 4th gate. I killed the start and should have held my own in the first corner to get second, but I wussed out. I'll know better next time, and there aren't many girls as big as the guy I wussed out against. Oh well. I had a lot of fun and learned a thing or two, so that was good. Rudy ended up taking the W in the Pro class, Nate got 3rd, and bruised and battered Cody got 5th. Jordan handily walked away with the Expert men's class. It was a great weekend all around.

The "Original Course"

Nate getting Serenaded For his 21st Birthday

Nate Trying to Scare His Competition

Cody, will you please bring your whips back around???

Jordan thinking about how far ahead he'll be in the finals!

Well, I'm cramming as much school as I can into the next couple of days as I'm heading out to Sea Otter on Wednesday. That should be a lot of fun and maybe dry, a welcome relief after last year!

1 comment:

TJ said...

ahhhhemm... Steve won DS