Monday, April 30, 2007

Here We Go Again

So, like I said, I got my prelim paper turned in, but now I have to defend it which is not a trivial task. I don't mind making presentations, but I'm having a hard really getting going with it. Oh well, I'm sure it will start to come together soon.

Went to Nathrop to give my brain a rest this weekend and raced the second Yeti Spring Series. It was a lot of fun. We raced with the expert 19-29 boys on Saturday for slalom, and I got 4th, so I was pretty happy about that. On Sunday we raced with all of the 19+ Expert boys and I had the worse gate start I've had in a really long time. Hopefully I got it out of my system for the whole season!

A friend of mine is moving so I went over and helped with some of the packing. It was actually a lot of fun. It's funny how you think you know someone pretty well, and then you spend a few hours listening to stories of remembered times and memories that things you find when you're packing bring back and you realize that people are very complex with so much that makes them who they are. I guess we learn new things about friends all of the time. Spending time packing with them must just concentrate some of that learning time into a steeper curve! Packing and moving sucks, but I had a lot of fun getting to know my friend better, listening and laughing. I think having someone to pack with must make it better, hopefully! :)

Gotta get back to my presentation. I have to give a practice run of it tomorrow with my research group!

No comments: