Monday, April 23, 2007

Good Day

Hannah, Molly, me and Jess after our all girls round at the track

Yesterday was one of the better Sunday's I have had in a long time. It started out with a surprise birthday breakfast party for our friend Hannah Hannah. About 20 people showed up for breakfast at this awesome restaurant in downtown Denver. After we all were stuffed on awesome breakfast food and birthday cake a bunch of us headed over to the Track at Centennial to do a little go-karting. I have never been before, so I was pretty excited to get to try it out. It's awesome! It was so much fun to drive the karts, but I think the best part about it was the amazing people that I got to spend the day with. Laughter and smiles all around! For better or worse, it's really expensive, so it will have to be a special occasion only adventure. :)
When Hannahs's done mastering shape comps, she might have to become a professional go-kart driver!!
Jeremy putting his game face on
After that some of us headed back to Boulder for an evening dirt jump session at the Fix. Even though I crashed and scraped up my elbow and arm in the wood chips, it was a great dirt jumping session that ended with an awesome tiny rain drop drizzle. TJ, Cole, Jess, Steve, and Kevin and I ended up making a huge pot of Pad Thai for dinner and watching a few hours of Planet Earth.

Everyone that I spent the day with yesterday has come into my life because of cycling. I am so lucky to not only be able to ride my bike as much as I do, but to have met such wonderful friends in the process!!

BTW, Hannah (super amazing dirt jump/park/trickster diva) is doing her first figure comp this weekend. She looks amazing, so I am sure that she will kill the 5'4"-5'6" class!