Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bikeless and Bagless in Italy!! :(

So, I arrived in Munich on Monday morning at 5:30. My bike and bag did not make. Booo!! Lufthansa assured me that it would come on the next flight (next morning) and would be delivered to my hotel in Italy. They said that it was their responsibility to get it to me. Check. Okay, leave the airport with the team 6 hours later, certain my stuff will arrive sometime the next evening. We got to the venue in Italy 6 slow bus ride hours later, and it is gorgeous!!! What a very cool place to be! (I'll post pictures soon, when I'm not so surly about the bags...)

Anyway, I'll spare you all the details, but long story short, it's not Wednesday night, I still don't have my bag or bike, I've used nearly $20 on Skype talking to the airlines, and they're still not even sure where my bike is. Apparently it went from Denver to DC, back to Denver, then on to Frankfurt, next to Munich, and finally to Venice (maybe). Munich says it's in Venice, but Venice says no, they don't have it. ?!?!?! It's gotta be somewhere, right? My bag is stuck in customs in Venice, and someone from the team has to drive over there to get it in the morning. I'm really hoping that my bike is also there, as we start practice tomorrow night, and I'd really rather not borrow a bike. I don't have shoes/pedals or knee pads, either, as that stuff is all in my bike box! I've had several offers of bikes to borrow, so I'll sort something out, I'm sure. I've lost my cool a few times, but I'm trying to keep it together. I finally changed out of the jeans I've had on for 5 days today (thanks for the loaner clothes, Paul!). That was nice, as I sat in a flower pot the first night here and got mud on my butt... It's all very comical, well sort of. Tomorrow is GO TIME, so tomorrow I'm gonna get really pissed if it's not here.

I promise the next post will have lovely photos and hopefully no more BITCHING!!!

Italy is BEAUTIFUL, so I'll have to do a post to do it justice...until then, keep your baggage will arrive on time fingers crossed for me! :)

No comments: