Friday, June 06, 2008

Home and Going Back Again!



Well, I made it home from Barcelona last night round 10:30. The travels were pretty seemless, rental car checked in A-OK (didn't notice the mirror was pretty marked up from one of the cockroach scooters in downtown Barcelona running into it), didn't charge me for my bike (wahooo!), bike make it here without getting lost (haven't opened it to see if it's messed up yet, still have my fingers crossed), missed the bus by 10 minutes, but another was on it's way 50 minutes later. All in all, a pretty good travel experience.

Got home and found out that I made the World's team. Thanks for letting us know with 10 days notice to fly to Europe USA Cycling! Ugghhhh. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get my flight, etc... sorted here pretty soon. Gone for 10 days, home for 10 and then back to Europe. I should just quit grad school and move over there. haha, just kidding...sort of. :)

World's is in Trentino, Italy at a resort called Val di Sole. It should be a cool event, no matter how hard USA Cycling trys to ruin it for all of the gravity racers!!



K, time to put the nose to the grindstone and whip out as much schoolwork as I can in the next 9 days! I feel a bit schizophrenic with the ride/school/ride/school schedule! I guess I'll get it figured out sooner or later (hopefully sooner and not later!). :)

1 comment:

Blackie said...

Congrats my dear. Lol...guess we won't be seeing much of each other this summer but at least there is an awesome reason for that. Have fun!!!