Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 4: Pro DS and Rest Day for Me

I didn't have "anything" to do on Saturday, well not as far as racing and practicing was concerned, and it was really nice to take a break. I wanted to watch the Pro DS event and the dirt jumping comp. I only made it to DS. It was pretty entertaining to watch a lot of the pros really struggle on the DS course. After spending about 13 hours at the course between Thursday and Friday, I had developed a real love/hate relationship with it. It was fun to get to watch my friends ride, and I think that I learned a lot from watching, too.

It Was Sort of Like a Pig Sty!

This guy thought it was an out-of-order triathlon: Bike, Swim, Run!!


Some people were more comfortable than others slipping around in the mud, that's for sure! TJ had an awesome first Pro race performance qualifying 26th, making it look easy to ride in the mud. I know first hand that it was NOT easy to do, so looking good riding through the mud requires REAL talent. Jo Jo looked good in qualifying but was not happy with her qualifying place. The pro women's field had some strong competition for sure! It was a lot of fun watching the world's elite racers on this crazy muddy course!

BK Watt Looking Cute and Clean Before Practice Got Under Way!

Jo Jo Loves the Mud, Too!!

TJ and Lee Checking Out the Course


One of the best parts of the weekend was getting to hang out with Joanna and getting to see my Dad for a little bit. He's never seen me race before, so it was nice to have him out there cheering!

I Miss Getting to Hang Out with Jo Jo!

No comments: