Friday, April 21, 2006

Doubly in the Minority

So, I am pretty used to being THE only or one of very few girls in the groups that I hang out in, but tonight I was not only the only girl, but I was the only white girl at the table with 5 cute Asian boys eating sushi! Lucky me. =) It was pretty funny when we noticed. Hapa Happy Hour is the best! I hadn't had much to eat all day and had done a pretty good XC ride with Rudy at Betasso earlier in the evening, so I was ready to eat some sushi! Their rice beer is pretty darn good, too. Just like rice milk is WAY better than real milk!!

Okay, well off to bed so I can get up and do some DH shuttles in the morning before work.

One other note. I wasn't have the greatest of days today, and then a lycra clad XC guy made my day (hard to believe I know)! I had flown by the guy on the descent and then he (of course) caught me quite a bit later on the climb. When he caught up to me, he said something to the effect of wow, you did a really nice job of riding that back there. I mumbled something to the effect of thanks, and he said, "That's so cool!" That returned the smile to my face that had left sometime earlier in the day. It's awesome when I guy not only respects a girl's riding but thinks it's cool when she rides something faster or harder than they do! Thanks Rocky Mounts XC guy who made my day!

No comments: